Drug Abuse & Prevention

Find Help

If the person is in need of immediate medical attention or pose a threat to themselves or others contact medical and law enforcement services by calling 911. A person's medical condition takes priority over mental health or chemical dependency treatment. Law enforcement is allowed to take a person into custody for treatment and is trained in emergency commitment procedures.

If the person does not need immediate medical attention and does not pose a threat to themselves or others there are a number of options available, such as employee assistance programs through their or your employer or entering a local treatment facility.

Local Treatment Facilities

Southeast Human Service Center

2624 9th Avenue S
Fargo, ND
Phone: 298-4500

Department of Veteran's Affairs

Veterans Affairs Medical Center
2101 Elm Street N
Fargo, ND
Phone: 232-3241

Essential Health Emergency Department

3000 32nd Avenue S
Fargo, ND
Phone: 364-8400

Sanford Hospital Emergency Room

720 4th Street N
Fargo, ND
Phone: 234-5121

Prairie St Johns

510 4th Street S
Fargo, ND
Phone: 701-476-7216

Centre Inc.,

123 15th Street N
Fargo, ND
Phone: 237-3341

Someone Refusing Treatment

If you believe someone is in need of treatment but they refuse to seek help you may request the person to be evaluated. The request is made by completing North Dakota Supreme Court SFN 17260 (PDF) and submitting the completed form to the States Attorney's Office for their action. The Cass County States Attorney's Office is located at 211 9th Street S in Fargo. They can be reached at 701-241-5850.