- For full time employees: Current NREMT Certification as an Emergency Medical Tech (EMT) or ability to gain certification within 12 months of hire.
- For paid on call employees: Approved state or national accredited (IFSAC or ProBoard) Firefighter I & II certification that conforms to NFPA 1001. Has to be attained within the first 6 months of hire.
- For paid on call employees: Current certification as an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) or the ability to gain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Valid driver's license.
Training will be supplied in many areas, prior experience or certifications in any of these areas is beneficial.
- Orientation Training
- Physical Agility Training
- Hazardous Material Training
- Incident Command System (ICS) Training
- Ropes Training
- Extrication Training
- Water Rescue Training
- Ice Rescue Training